About Me

My photo
Gilbert, AZ, United States

Sunday, November 9, 2014

DAY THREE REFURBISHING PROJECT

DEAR HUSBAND,

Thank you for spending your entire weekend working on this case.  I know you love it when I give you "special projects" to do LOL.....

Back to my post.  The whole case has been sanded and glued and filled and the only thing left is hubby is going to go over the case one more time with 400 Grit sandpaper.   Remember it looked like this:
Here is the inside of the box.  I think it looks pretty darn good.
and this is a sample of the stain color I want .  It is by Minwax and is called Espresso.  I wanted to keep the box dark, similar to the way it looked originally.  So that is where it is to this point on Sunday evening.  I think I will cook hubby a nice T-bone steak dinner, don't you think he deserves it?

1 comment:

Debbie -- Sheltered Stitches said...

Amazing.. I am so very luck my case was in excellent and non-smelly.. but its nice to know whats under there just in case...your hubby did good...